Leadership is not complicated, but it is work! And it must be intentional. As John Maxwell says, “EVERYTHING rises and falls on leadership!” This means whatever is, or isn’t happening in your home is dependent on how effective the leader is in leading and influencing those around them.
Two questions we must ask ourselves are:
- How effective am I in leading those around me?
- Am I willing to sacrifice my needs to build relational equity with those around me by meeting their needs first?
The honest answers to those questions will not only give you an understanding of what is happening in your home now, but it also reveals what can happen in your home in the days to come.
Hear are 5 Keys to Model, Connect, & Involve your family:
- What is it you want to see from your family? What ever it is, that is what you model. Simply put…Be what you want your family to be.
- Give people the time that you want given to you. You reap what you sow. If you make time for your spouse and children, they will eventually make time for you.
- Let your family know that you have their back and that you appreciate them. There is nothing more empowering than to know you have unwavering support from someone you love and respect. Empower your family that way today.
- Have more frequent and meaningful conversations about what you and your family stand for, and why you do what you do for each other. It’s important for your family to know your heart, your morals, and your core values.
- Invite your family to see things from your point of view and allow them to help problem solve. This will allow your spouse and children to understand your perspective and provide support and insight from their perspective.
For more information visit www.givemore.com/lead